SCARECROW CHILDREN’S DRAWING COMPETITIONS RULES - JUNE 2021:
DRAWING & COLOURING COMPETITIONS:
There will be 4 groups this year:-
- Under 5’s – Colouring competition
(adding colour to the scarecrow drawing that features on our poster/magazine articles). The A4 Black & White Scarecrow pictures can be obtained from Potters Store & The Old House at Home Public House from Saturday, 24th April, or downloaded opposite.
- 5-8 years of age – Scarecrow Drawing Competition
- 9-11 years of age – Scarecrow Drawing Competition
- 12-16 years of age – Scarecrow Drawing Competition
- All entries must be submitted by Saturday, 15th May, 2021 - 6pm
They should be posted into the labelled boxes outside Potters Store & The Old House at Home Public House.
- Any late submissions will not be judged.
- Please make sure you write your name, age and contact number clearly on the back in capital letters. You may want to ask mum or dad to help you.
- If you would like your drawing back please also add an address where we can get it back to you.
- 1 entry allowed per child. So if you create more than one please choose your best effort.
- Your drawing should be regular paper size (A4), and no larger than poster size (A3).
- Group 1 – Money prizes will be given for 1st to 3rd places.
- Groups 2, 3 & 4 - Money prizes will be given for 1st to 3rd places, and the winners of each group will then be judged for the Champion.
- The drawing judged ‘Champion’ will appear on the front cover of the June edition of the Village Voice.
- 2-3 Members of the Dormansland Carnival Committee will make up the judging panel.
- The judges will work to a set criteria to ensure fairness, and the judges’ decision will be final.
Results and photos of winning scarecrows & drawings will be posted
on the Dormansland Carnival website, local social media pages and in the Village Voice.